The DPN Rosemary Smith Award for Responsible Marketing
Supported by The DM Trust and The DMA
We are delighted to announce the winners of this year’s Rosemary Smith Award for Responsible Marketing are:
Andrew Hiskett & Paula Welsh
KEECH HOSPICE CARE
Congratulations to Paula and Andrew, and to our great runners up:
Emirates Group – Kristof Ruisz & Marita Jauce
WarnerMedia – Scott Joslin, working with DQM GRC
This Award was launched to recognise a contribution made to Responsible Marketing, giving a team or an individual credit for a creative and privacy aware project or initiative.
Rosemary Smith, co-founder of the DPN & the Data Protection Consultancy, Opt-4 was an inspirational mentor to many. She made a significant contribution to the marketing and data industries, both as influencer and thought-leader. ‘Responsible Marketing’ were the watch words in all her guidance and advice. This Award, kindly supported by the DMA and the DM Trust, is launched in Rosemary’s memory.
This year’s judges were:
- Rachel Aldighieri, Managing Director at the DMA
- Robert Bond, Partner at Bristows LLP
- Fedelma Good, Director of Data Protection Strategy, Legal & Compliance Services, PwC United Kingdom
- Dana Lapidot, CRM Data and Operations Manager at Chelsea Football Club
- Ellen Porter, Head of Insight at Royal Mail Group
About the Award
The VIP judging panel was looking for the following:
- How have you embraced the principle of “Privacy by Design”?
- Have customer needs been put at the centre of your project?
- How have you encouraged your organisation to support you?
- Can you measure the impact of your project?
It’s free to enter and the winners received £1,000 and a trophy. All entrants are eligible for access to 15% discount on training at the IDM (Institute of Data and Marketing). We welcomed entries from marketing, privacy or data protection professionals or those teams.
On 28th February 2020, representatives of short-listed entries participated in a discussion on Responsible Marketing & Privacy By Design at DMA Data 2020,
- Launch: Thursday 5th September 2019
- Closing date: Entry has now closed
- Judging: w/c January 27th 2020, after which the shortlisted entries were announced
- Presentation: February 28 th 2020, at DMA Data 2020