The DPN Rosemary Smith Award for Responsible Marketing
Supported by The DM Trust and The DMA
This Award has been launched to recognise a contribution made to Responsible Marketing, giving a team or an individual credit for a creative and privacy aware project or initiative.
Rosemary Smith, co-founder of the DPN & the Data Protection Consultancy, Opt-4 was an inspirational mentor to many. She made a significant contribution to the marketing and data industries, both as influencer and thought-leader. ‘Responsible Marketing’ were the watch words in all her guidance and advice.
This Award, kindly supported by the DMA and the DM Trust, is launched in Rosemary’s memory.
ENTRY FOR THIS YEAR’S AWARD HAS NOW CLOSED
This year’s judges
We are delighted to announce our judging panel for this year’s award:
- Rachel Aldighieri, Managing Director at the DMA
- Robert Bond, Partner at Bristows LLP
- Fedelma Good, Director of Data Protection Strategy, Legal & Compliance Services, PwC United Kingdom
- Dana Lapidot, CRM Data and Operations Manager at Chelsea Football Club
- Ellen Porter, Head of Insight at Royal Mail Group
About the Award
The VIP judging panel will be looking for the following:
- How have you embraced the principle of “Privacy by Design”?
- Have customer needs been put at the centre of your project?
- How have you encouraged your organisation to support you?
- Can you measure the impact of your project?
It’s free to enter and the winners will receive £1,000 and a trophy. All entrants will be eligible for access to 15% discount on training at the IDM (Institute of Data and Marketing). We welcome entries from marketing, privacy or data protection professionals or those teams.
On 28th February 2020, representatives of short-listed entries to participate in a discussion on Responsible Marketing at the DMA Data Protection conference, followed by presentation of the award at a drinks reception after the conference.
- Launch: Thursday 5th September 2019
- Closing date: Entry has now closed
- Judging: w/c January 27th 2020, after which the shortlist will be announced
- Presentation: February 28 th 2020, at the DMA Data Protection Summit