The DPN Rosemary Smith Award for Responsible Marketing
Supported by The DM Trust and The DMA
Entries open Thursday 22nd October 2020!
This Award recognises a contribution made to Responsible Marketing, giving a team or an individual credit for a creative and privacy aware project or initiative.
Rosemary Smith, co-founder of the DPN was an inspirational mentor to many. She made a significant contribution to the marketing and data industries over a number of years. ‘Responsible Marketing’ were the watch words in all her guidance and advice.
This Award, kindly supported by the DMA and the DM Trust, was launched in 2019 in Rosemary’s memory.
ABOUT THE AWARD
The judging panel is looking for the following:
- How have you embraced the principle of “Privacy by Design”?
- Have customer needs been put at the centre of your project?
- How have you encouraged your organisation to support you?
- Can you measure the impact of your project?
It’s free to enter and the winners receive £1,000 and a trophy. All entrants are eligible for access to a discount on training at the IDM (Institute of Data and Marketing).
We welcome entries from marketing, privacy or data protection professionals or those teams.
Representatives of short-listed entries will be invited to participate in a discussion on Responsible Marketing & Privacy By Design at DMA Data 2021 Conference.
Key Dates for 2020/21
- Launch: Thursday 22nd October
- Closing date: Friday 18th December
- Judging: January/February
- Presentation: At the DMA Data Conference 2020 (date TBC)
LAST YEAR’S WINNERS
The winners of the 2020 Rosemary Smith Award for Responsible Marketing were: Andrew Hiskett & Paula Welsh, Keech Hospice Care
The very worthy runners up were: Kristof Ruisz & Marita Jauce, Emirates Group & Scott Joslin, WarnerMedia (working with DQM GRC)