Webinar – Tuesday 11th May 2021
In 2019, with new guidance, the ICO confirmed GDPR level consent is required for the placing of cookies (unless ‘strictly necessary’). In the same year, the ICO launched their investigation into AdTech and Real Time Bidding.
With the pandemic the Data Protection focus has been elsewhere but now, things are moving again:
- French CNIL fined Google and Amazon fined €135m for failing to obtain consent
- The ICO restarted its investigations into AdTech
- The Spanish DPA fined Iberia for failing to allow for the option to reject cookies
Yet, in early 2020, a research study by from MIT/UCL/Aarhus Universities indicated only 1 in 10 UK websites were compliant!
Join us for a fast-paced discussion to consider the cookie essentials to keep your house in order:
- Do you know what cookies are being placed on your site?
- Do you know who manages them and what they’re used for?
- How should those cookies be categorised?
- How can you use technology to help you manage your cookies?
- What are you doing about third-party cookies and what will replace them?
Host Robert Bond, Senior Counsel at Bristows LPP will be joined by:
- Julia Porter, Partner at Data Protection Network Associates
- Fedelma Good, Director at PwC UK
- Koen Crommetuijn, Senior Technical Web Analyst at Digital Power
You will have the opportunity to ask your burning questions in a 15 min Q&A session following the main discussion. Can’t join live? Sign up anyway and we’ll send you a recording.
The Digital Power Cookie Scanner Service automatically recognises and classifies all of your cookies into an easily usable format designed specifically for the requirements of DPOs/Data Privacy practitioners.