DPIAs – What? When? How?
DPN Webinar hosted by Bristows LLP – 4 pm (BST) Wednesday 8th April
Across your business many teams need to know about DPIAs. From HR teams through to Marketing teams. Especially when considering new technology and new systems.
Sometimes a DPIA will be mandatory, but looking at the data protection impact of any new project can highlight risks before they materialise. This ensures mitigating measures can be put in place from the outset.
The ICO is warning not enough DPIAs are being carried out in the AdTech space. It has also pointed to areas where marketing teams should be carrying them out (in the draft ‘Direct Marketing’ code). For example:
- large-scale profiling
- data matching
- list brokering
- online advertising
- tracking geolocation & behaviour
In this webinar hosted by Bristows LLP we’ll focus on:
What? – The purpose and benefits of a DPIA
When? – When it’s a must & when it’s a ‘good to do’ as evidence of embedding Privacy By Design
How? – How to successfully conduct a DPIA for marketing purposes: the process, getting buy-in, key considerations, documentation, etc.
- Robert Bond, Partner at Bristows LLP & DPN Chairman
- Stephen Baigrie, Managing Counsel, IT, Procurement & Privacy, Balfour Beatty
- Dominic Batchelor, Head of IP & Privacy at Royal Mail
- Simon Blanchard, Senior Associate at the data protection consultancy Opt-4 & DPN Deputy Chair