About our email newsletters
On the DPN website we invite you to opt-in and give your consent to receive our email newsletters. We deploy pixels, via our email service provide Mailchimp, to be able to assess open rates. You can unsubscribe from these email newsletters at any point by clicking on the unsubscribe link on any email you receive from us. Alternatively, you can ask us to remove your details by emailing email@example.com.
About our events and reports
We run regular webinars and other events on topical data protection areas and challenges. When you register, we collect your name and business email address, along with your job title, organisation and location. We use this information to facilitate your attendance at the webinar/event. It also allows us to gain a flavour of the job roles and sectors attendees work in so we can tailor the content of our events accordingly, where appropriate. We may also ask for your details when you download one of our in-depth reports.
Your details may be used by us to send you email communications to your business email address about future events and services. We’ll always provide you with a clear opportunity to indicate you’d prefer us not to contact you.
We may also share your details with sponsors of our events or whitepapers. We’ll always make this very clear, and you can always indicate you don’t want us to do this.
Your rights regarding your personal information
You have a number of rights under UK data protection law. These are listed below, along with our contact details, should you wish to make a request.
- Informed: You have the right to be informed about how we handle your personal data. This privacy statement is one of the ways we do this.
- Access: You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal data we hold about you and the purposes for which we are using it. ‘Personal data’ is any information which can directly, or indirectly, identify you.
- Rectification: You have the right to ask us to change any details which are incorrect or need updating.
- Erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete your personal details. We will assess any deletion request on a case by case basis. If you’re subscriber to our email list, we can quickly fulfil your request, but in other circumstances there may be reasons why we need to keep information about you. If you have authored any content on the DPN and would like this to be deleted, please let us know.
- Object: You have the absolute right to object to receiving direct marketing from us. You also have the right to raise an objection about how we are handling your personal information.
- Restriction: You have the right to ask us to restrict or suppress your personal information. This would mean we’d store it but not use it.
- Portability: You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. Due to the nature of our business and the limited nature of the personal data we handle, we do not believe this right is likely to apply.
We don’t carry out any activities involving automated decisions being made about you.
If you’d like to exercise any of these rights or have any other query please use the following contact details:
Address: 12 Old Great North Road, Stibbington, Peterborough PE8 6LR
To fulfil your request, depending on our relationship with you, we may need to ask you for proof of identity. We’ll handle any requests as soon as possible, at least within one calendar month.
If you’re concerned about the way in which we have collected and used your personal information, please contact us and we’ll do our best to resolve this with you. If you remain unhappy with how we have handled your personal information, you have the right to raise a complaint with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
How we keep your personal information secure
We take appropriate steps to make sure personal information is stored in a secure environment to prevent any unauthorised access. We are Cyber Essentials certified. We store your personal information at our registered offices, at other DPN Associates consultants’ sites in the UK and on occasion when working in our clients’ offices.
Who we share personal information with
We won’t share your personal information with any other businesses for them to use for their own marketing purposes, unless we have specifically informed you (see ‘About our events’ above). We may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law.
We use external service providers to support the efficient running of our business. For example to send email newsletters, run online events, manage our accounts and develop our website. These service providers handle your personal data on our behalf, and we have appropriate contractual arrangements in place covering these relationships.
Where a service provider is based outside the UK the transfer of personal information (including access to it) is based on one of the following safeguards: an EU Adequacy decision (recognised by the UK), EU Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) and the UK Addendum to EU SCCs. If you would like further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long we keep your personal information for
We keep your personal details for as long as is necessary for the reasons we are using them for. How long, varies depending on our relationship with you. We routinely update our email subscriber lists to make sure those who are not engaged are removed. If you would like more information about this, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please remember if you use a link to go from our website to another website, or you request a service from a third party, this Privacy Statement will no longer apply once you have left our website. Your browsing and interaction on any other website is subject to that website’s own rules and policies.
Updates to this statement
We regularly review and update this Statement to improve it, and where necessary to make changes if our activities alter or there are regulatory changes. We encourage you to review it from time to time. If we make any significant changes, we’ll endeavour to contact you to let you know.